Saturday, June 13, 2015

Burger Pot Pie

After a long day working in the garage "manning" what man doesn't love a hamburger? Well sadly we had no buns due to our little Minion eating them all as a snack. So I surfed around Pinterspace and found a recipe to try. I made little tweaks and the men approved! I think my favorite thing about this recipe was that I had everything on hand which made it an easy last minuet meal.


I found this recipe over at Cocinando con Alena

What you need:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 cup chopped onion (hack-I buy the pre-chopped frozen onions...genius!)
  • 2 TBS Ranch Dressing Mix (my tweak)
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more or less depending on you love for cheese...pretty sure I had more I didn't measure I just grated until I felt like it)
  • French fries

Instructions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F (don't forget to do this 1st as most ovens take a while to get this high)
  2. Cook beef and onions until beef is fully cooked
  3. Sprinkle ranch seasons on to mixture, stir to incorporate, cook 1-2 minuets
  4. Stir in diced tomatoes (with liquid), heat through bringing to a boil (if your burner is high enough from cooking the meat this won't take long)
  5. Transfer meat mixture to a casserole dish (mine was 2.5 qts)
  6. Top with cheese and French fries (enough to totally cover the cheese and more for fun)
  7. Bake for 20 minuets (I found that after 20 minuets the French fries looked a little soggy so I turned the broiler on for 2 minuets) 
  8. **OPTIONAL** I sprinkled more ranch dressing powder on top after I pulled it out from teh oven
The men approved! There is hardly any left!




No comments:

Post a Comment