Sunday, June 14, 2015

Dipped Oreos

Need a quick last minuet sweet treat? These are so simple!! The last day of school was the next day and I had dropped the ball on making a home made treat, while I knew I had time to make cookies, I honestly didn't want to turn on the oven and get out the mixer. I'm sure I saw these on Pinterspace somewhere but this is my way.

What you need:
  • Oreos (I personally prefer double stuffed)
  • Candy dip or chocolate
    (I bought the Wilton white, vanilla flavored candy dip. It comes in a microwavable bowl and was so easy to use. I needed 2 tubs, as it got lower it was harder to get a good covering on the cookie)

  • Sprinkles
  • Cooling rack (optional but handy)
Instructions:
  1. Follow the directions for the candy dip or chocolate to melt it
  2. Dip 1 side of the Oreo into the melted chocolate
  3. Place coated side UP on a cooling rack (this all allows for any drips to fall through and not pool on the cookie sheet around the cookie)
  4. Let it set, I think it took about 15 minuets (warning watch little hands I had 2 go missing)
  5. Dip other side, add sprinkles immediately after dipping so the sprinkles will stick
  6. Let set up again, once set they are ready for storage.
Half dip

Add sprinkles

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment