Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Funfetti Krispies


OK the name is a little weird I know but these are amazing! My friend and I made them 2 years ago and I'm not sure why I haven't made them since (ok I do know...we are total fatties with these things and sit and eat a whole batch in 1 night).
I love rice krispies treats, so that right there was enough of a reason for me to try these, but then to add cake mix to them, that was a whole new, amazing level!

This recipe comes from Sweet as a Cookie

What you need:



  • 5 TBS butter
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 15 oz marshmallows (mini marshmallows work best as they melt faster)
  • 2/3 cup funfetti cake mix
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • frosting (my add not on the original list), optional
  • sprinkles, optional


Instructions:
  1. Prep your pan of choice, Sweet as a Cookie says to use an 8x8 pan and cut them later, I personally like to use mini muffin tins. They are pre-portioned and a great size for kids
  2. In a large pot melt the butter over low heat with the vanilla
  3. Add in the marshmallows (I didn't have 15oz of minis so I uses a few normal sized ones to make up the rest, the big ones take a lot longer to melt). Stir until melted. Add dry cake mix, stir.
  4. Add cereal, I find it easier to add a cup, then stir, add a cup, stir, and so on until it's all in.
  5. Using a GREASED utensil transfer the mixture to your pan. (I personally use a metal spoon, a rubber spatula and a small spreader (mine is from Pampered Chef) I have found that re greasing them every so often helps the process.
  6. Let them cool on the counter (or eat them warm of the pot no judgment here). Once I'm done filling the pan I will press them in to make them a little more pretty and compact.
  7. Enjoy them plain or with frosting and sprinkles, Either way they are delicious!

Bean (our 3 year old) helping stir the marshmallows



No comments:

Post a Comment